- Sterling silver 10 euro coin in the highest Proof quality
- Part of the Europa Star program
- Particular technical achievement: MPI technology was used to match the Bruegel etching in the background
- The coin shows a detail from the engraving ‘The Fight of the Moneybags and Strongboxes’
- Including numbered Authenticity Certificate in luxury case
As part of the Europe Star program, this time Pieter Bruegel the Elder is in the spotlight, as Belgian / Low Countries representative of the Renaissance style. The coin shows a detail from the engraving ‘The Fight of the Moneybags and Strongboxes’ by printmaker Pieter van der Heyden after the design by Pieter Bruegel the Elder. In the background, part of the etching has been printed with Minted Photo Image (MPI), whilst the foreground shows a moneybag and strongbox in combat in 3D relief.